About this position
In order to continually provide our members with the highest level of service, we are seeking an experienced, results oriented and service focused individual to join our team of information security professionals at our corporate headquarters in Basking Ridge, New Jersey.
The Information Security Analyst (ISA) is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the Credit Union’s IT computing systems, cloud, software, and data. Successful candidate is responsible for performing analysis on new products and services, for the purpose of making risk mitigation recommendations to the appropriate business units. The ISA is responsible for strengthening the Credit Unions security posture by improving current practices and developing new policies for data security. Additionally, the Information Security Analyst will coordinate with and act as the main point of contact for external consultants and partners, including our Security Operations Center (SOC) providers. The ISA is knowledgeable and experienced with technology security issues across all platforms and across all business units to include networking, applications, Identity and Access Management, Operating Systems, Cloud services, Email Gateway, Privileged Access Management, Vulnerability Management, Database Security, Data Loss Prevention, Endpoint Security and Software Development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understanding of business processes and risk management in areas such as cyber security, cloud security, cloud governance and compliance, DevOps, cloud data protection, cloud monitoring and incident response, enterprise security architecture, technology risk management, and others.
- Analyzes security requirements and drafts security policies and procedures.
- Conduct vulnerability scans and assessments at the network, operating system, database, and application levels.
- Review audit reports with responsible parties and work with them to develop remediation plans.
- Support efforts to conduct assessments of information security controls to measure their effectiveness and identify gaps using the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Cyber Security Framework (CSF).
- Responsible for maintaining a cybersecurity Incident Response Plan (IRP).
- Responsible for security architecture technology solutions such as firewalls, intrusion prevention systems, Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), vulnerability scanning and management, Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) management, certificate management, and Data Loss Prevention (DLP).
- Conduct security training using a security awareness tool and ensure 100% compliance.
- Monitor information security trends, standards, and practices to assist in identifying areas that lack the appropriate security controls and make the necessary recommendations.
- Evaluate user activity to determine if the activity is within the user’s day to day responsibility or potentially an abuse of privilege or unauthorized.
- Conduct data analysis utilizing forensic and data mining tools to identify insider threat activity and each user that should be tagged as a Person of Interest (POI) that would require additional monitoring to ensure the security of the company.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, IT, Information/Cyber Security field
- 5+ years of experience in a cybersecurity role
- Advanced analytical, troubleshooting, cyber security knowledge and concepts.
- Strong demonstrated interpersonal, collaboration, and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Knowledge of Internet and Intranet Systems.
- Must be accessible on a 24x7basis, if needed.
Affinity strives to maintain balance between our employees’ personal and professional responsibilities. All full-time employees receive a highly competitive and multi-faceted Total Rewards package including competitive pay, target incentive, full medical/dental/prescription coverage, 401(k) plan, profit sharing, and generous paid time off. As an Affinity employee you are eligible for discounts on our products and services and earn paid time off for volunteering. In addition to these benefits, Affinity provides extensive educational and developmental opportunities as well as access to our formal Tuition Assistance Program. Explore career opportunities with Affinity and “Belong to Something Better.”
Affinity Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please scroll down and read the Applicant Statement in its entirety.
I promise that all information I have supplied in this application and any other form, oral or written, is true and accurate, and I agree that any misstated, misleading, omitted, or false information will result in rejection of this application form, refusal to hire, withdrawal of an offer of employment, or immediate discharge without recourse, whenever and however discovered.
I understand and agree that Affinity Federal Credit Union, any agent acting on its behalf, as well as any other person responding to a reference request pursuant to this application, can and will seek and/or disclose any and all information about me which said corporation, agent, or person may have. I specifically authorize said disclosure and agree to hold all such corporations, agents, or persons harmless.
I understand and agree to the fact that Affinity Federal Credit Union maintains a drug-free workplace and that I will be required to undergo a drug urine screening check. I understand and agree to the fact that Affinity will also conduct a criminal history background and credit report check. I understand and agree that said pre-employment checks are designed to ascertain my suitability for employment. I specifically authorize said disclosure of this confidential information and agree to hold Affinity Federal Credit Union, its agents, managers, officers, and employees harmless from any and all liability in connection with the pre-employment screening/testing. Additionally, I agree to comply with all request for additional testing of any type and at anytime during my employment at Affinity Federal Credit Union.
I understand that all employment offers are made contingent upon satisfactory proof of legal authorization to work in the United States according to the law. I understand that failure to provide satisfactory proof of identity and authorization to work in the United States will disqualify me from employment.
If hired, I agree to abide by the terms and conditions of all Affinity Federal Credit Union policies and procedures. I understand I will not be employed, or my employment will be terminated, if I am or have been convicted of a criminal offense involving dishonesty, breach of trust or money laundering, or if I admit, plead guilty or nolo contender, or have to such an offense or if I agree or have agreed to enter into a pretrial diversion or similar program in connection with a prosecution such an offense.
I understand and agree that my employment will be at will and that I or Affinity Federal Credit Union may terminate this employment relationship at any time, with or without notice, for any or no reason, without recourse by either of us. I also understand that oral representations to the contrary do not change the fact that both the Company and I maintain free to end the work relationship for any or no reason. I further understand that any changes in this employment relationship must be made in writing.
I acknowledge that at anytime during my employment with Affinity Federal Credit Union, the hours and/or days that I am expected to work may be changed to accommodate the needs of the business. In addition, I am also expected to work at various Affinity Federal Credit Union locations.
I acknowledge that I have been advised that Affinity Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer and that Affinity Federal Credit Union administers its employment policies in a nondiscriminatory manner. I specifically authorize Affinity Federal Credit Union to investigate my background, including any and all references, and prior employers, consistent with the position for which I am applying, and release and hold Affinity Federal Credit Union harmless for any and all liabilities arising out of its investigation of my application for employment. I authorize the Company, in its sole discretion, to supply my employment record to any prospective employer, government agency, or other party with an interest that the company deems appropriate.
I understand that this application is not a contract of employment.
If you agree to this disclaimer, you authorize the Company to process the application in accordance with the Company’s established hiring practices.
By completing this online application for employment opportunities at Affinity Federal Credit Union, I acknowledge reading, understanding and agreement of the Applicant Statement.